Friday, October 5, 2012

Mission Year?


I think I cringe a little bit whenever someone says Mission Year. I feel like this goes against everything I read about in my Bible. This is not a year event. I am not here to be cleansed of a bug I have in my system and I do not feel like this is a Missions trip in the least bit. (I understand if you wish to withdraw support at this time haha :) I am here to learn, grow, and live. I feel called to a very simplistic life and I do not feel called to do so for just one year. I feel as if this will be my life. I wish to move into in low income area and live along side of my neighbors’ there. Mission Year (and yes I cringed a bit there) is what I am using to teach me. I felt called to living in community and living with the poor long before I knew about Mission Year, but I thought it would be wise if I learned from people who have experience in these areas. I feel called to the poor because I believe I cannot be close to Jesus if I am not close to the poor, for He says "... whatever you do to the least of these you do to me". So hopefully with that in mind ya'll will partner with me for more than just a year. Hopefully we will be challenged and stretched through things I see and experience and maybe even prompt you to join me. Yes I am doing Mission Year but it is just a notch on my belt in my Mission Life!

No comments:

Post a Comment